Education & Academies
The education sector is heavily regulated with strong governance and financial pressures. Increasingly complex regulations make it a challenging time for everyone in the sector. Understanding which tax incentives to take advantage of, and which to avoid, can be a minefield without specialist help.
We look after the accounting and business advisory needs of those in the education sector, whether they are an early-years Nursery, standalone Academy, Multi Academy Trust, Free School, Independent School, University Technical College (UTC), College or University College.
All academy trusts must have a programme of internal scrutiny to provide independent assurance to the board that its financial and other controls, and risk management procedures, are operating effectively. We can act in the role as Internal Auditors providing assurance to Principal, Governors and Audit Committee that all the key risks are being managed effectively.
Hi, I’m Wende the Education & Academies
expert here at Burgis & Bullock
If you need assistance then I’d love to help
you! Simply click below to get in touch
with me today
Specialist Services for
Education & Academies Sector
We take a proactive approach with clients offering strategic advice based on our leading-edge knowledge of the industry, and the latest developments in regulation and legislation. With our experience and sector knowledge we will add value to your Academy Trust or other Educational establishment and work with you to achieve your aims.
- Statutory accounts
- Academies Accounts Return (AAR)
- Outsourced bookkeeping
- Pension submissions
- Budget Forecast Returns (BFR)
- Budget Forecast Return Outturn (BFRO)
- Management Accounting
- Advice on structure and governance
- Finance Director services
- Advice and support with accounting software
- Audit of the year-end accounts
- Internal audit and assurance services
- Teachers’ Pension (TP) audit
- Grant Audits (DfE, Annex G, Collaborative Fund, ITT, Subject Knowledge Enhancement (SKE)
- Attendance at Audit Committee and Trustees meetings
- Trustee/Governor responsibilities training
- Forensic and ESFA investigations
- Corporation tax returns
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Submission of VAT voluntary claim form 126
- Partial exemption planning and advice
- Tax efficient structures
- Joint ventures and commercial partnerships
- Cost sharing exemptions
- Tax assistance with construction works & new buildings
Not what you need?
Check out the other specialist sectors we help here…