Working in Public Practice providing all round personal tax services including advisory and compliance.
Applies knowledge of tax compliance and tax accounting principles to oversee and prepare self-assessment tax returns, including those for individuals, partnerships, trusts and estates. Applies knowledge of accounts compliance, accounting systems and accounting principles to prepare accounts for unincorporated traders and landlords. Offers personal tax planning advice to clients and team members.
- Offering personal tax advice to both clients and internal team members.
- Prepares client income tax returns for submission to HMRC.
- Maintains and updates working knowledge of tax laws and regulations, including new filing practices, deadlines, and any client-specific information.
- Responsible for a portfolio of personal tax clients, answering technical queries and considering tax planning matters.
- Corresponds with other departments, including marketing and production, to understand business practices and new projects, and communicates the tax implications of legislation changes to clients and team members.
- Develops strong relationships with clients, including understanding their business practices and specific tax information needs.
- Business development and building the Burgis & Bullock brand in the local marketplace.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in public practice
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience compiling and submitting personal tax returns
- Ideally ATT, CTA or qualified by experience
- Strong personal tax advisory skills including knowledge of inheritance tax, capital gains tax and tax residency matters.
- Working knowledge of HMRC systems
- Up to date CPE for accounting and tax regulations
- Good communication skills
- IT literate
We have vacancies in the following offices:
- Stratford Upon Avon, Warwickshire
- Market rate by negotiation
If you are interested in applying for this position please contact Rosy Hughes – firstname.lastname@example.org